Skinner House/The Beeches/former St. Albans Woman’s Club c.1874 (1979) (currently residence to the Painter family)
The William E. Mohler House was constructed circa 1900. Also known as “Hill Grove,” this three-story residence was built for the prominent lumberman and civic leader who also owned the Mohler Lumber Co. and built the first water works in the town of St. Albans. It is considered to be one of the finest examples of the Victorian Queen Anne architectural style in West Virginia.
Located on MacCorkle Ave. across from Parkway Terrace, Morgan’s Kitchen is typical of log structures used during its period. It was originally located at Morgan’s Plantation near the present John Amos Electric Power Plant in nearby Putnam County. It was used to serve meals as well as serving as a hospital to the wounded Union soldiers during the Civil War at